M-53 was first designated by 1919. Starting on Gratiot Avenue in Detroit running north through Centerline, and Utica to eventually end east of Elkton on M-31. An extension in 1926 moved the northern terminus to Port Austin along the former M-19. The trunkline was completely paved by 1940 when the last 11 miles were paved in Huron and Sanilac counties.
Super Soft Premium "Next Level" 4.3 oz.50/25/25 polyester/combed ringspun cotton/rayon Red, Blue and Grey